Conference – Symposium – Forum
27-29 May 2020 | Brussels, Belgium – FL
The overall aim of this forum is to raise awareness for gender equality and to make young people’s voices heard in the European discourse. The starting point will be the results of the Austrian Presidency Conference “Gender Equality & YOU” in 2018, the Youth Goal #2 as well as the European Commission’s upcoming Gender Equality Strategy (expected for March 2020).
The Austrian Presidency Conference “Gender Equality & YOU. Young voices. Joint initiative.” took place on 11/12 October 2018 and inspired an open dialogue on the future priorities for the work on gender equality of the EU. The forum in Brussels on 27-29 May 2020 will continue and build on these results and initiate a dialogue between youth leaders and European stakeholders.
A central part of the forum are interactions with members of the European Parliament’s Committee on Women’s Rights and Gender Equality (FEMM) and representatives of the European Commission.
Aims & Objectives
• To open a dialogue between young people and European stakeholders on Gender Equality
• To raise awareness of the new EU Gender Equality Strategy and collect young people’s perspectives
• To create links between the EU Gender Equality Strategy and young people’s realities and explore young people’s possible contributions
• To follow up on the outcomes of the 2018 Gender Equality & YOU conference and link them and Youth Goal 2 to the current strategy
• To raise awareness of Gender Equality as an important issue for young people and the importance of including young people’s voices in the Gender Equality discourse
We invite youth leaders from all EU member states under the age of 30. We are aiming to have a diverse group of people regarding gender, age, organisational background and prior experience with the topic. Having participated in the 2018 conference is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
The Forum will be organized by the Austrian National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action and European Solidarity Corps, the German National Agency Youth for Europe, the Belgian National Agency YIA-BEFL – JINT, the Austrian Federal Chancellery – Division for Women and Equality, the Austrian National Youth Council and with the support of the European Youth Forum.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2020
This Conference – Symposium – Forum is for 60 participants
from Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
and recommended for Youth leaders
This activity and venue place are accessible to people with disabilities.
Austrian National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action and European Solidarity Corps (National Agency)
- JINT – Flemish National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action and European Solidarity Corps (National Agency)
- German National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action and European Solidarity Corps – Youth for Europe (National Agency)
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
Unless specified otherwise, the hosting National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Please contact your National Agency (NA) or SALTO Resource Centre (SALTO) in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.