GoCamp is a volunteer programme in Eastern Europe, where volunteers from around the world motivate kids to learn foreign languages and introduce the world to children from all over Ukraine.
GoCamp is looking for English/German/French-speaking volunteers who would come to Ukraine and interact with the children in English, German or French, get a great time, new friends and unforgettable experience in schools!
All volunteers will get a special training and an opportunity to share their experience with young Ukrainian students while developing socially valuable projects, dealing with interesting tasks and challenges together.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there is an option of ONLINE VOLUNTEERING.
Eligible volunteers should
- be at least 18 years old;
- speak English, German or French fluently;
- be enthusiastic to work with kids;
- have interest or experience in the spheres of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics), Citizenship, Leadership and Career Exploration, Sports and Health;
- have interest or experience in developing social projects valuable to the local community;
- willing to make an impact in Ukraine.
- September and October sessions are going to take place in Ukraine;
- ONLINE VOLUNTEERING is available for you, please apply by 10 July 2020.
- 2-18 September;
- 22 October – 6 November;
- GoCamp Online
The online volunteering period is 2 weeks in July and / or August 2020.
Online volunteers will:
- get free webinars and teaching materials;
- get special training on how to work with children;
- teach English/French/German and inspire children to discover the entire world by sharing your culture and values with them;
- join the community of 1000+ volunteers from 75 countries and 160000 children from all over Ukraine.
Onsite Volunteers’ benefits
- transfer from the Kyiv airport and orientation training after arrival to Kyiv;
- pre-departure support by email;
- visa support;
- partial meals;
- travel to their host community and back to Kyiv central railway station;
- SIM-cards for local calls;
- support from office staff and a hotline 24/7;
- a certificate and recommendations.
How to apply:
- fill out the online form
- Skype interview with a manager will follow
- there is a $75 participation fee (as a non-governmental organisation, Global Office fundraises money for its projects and by paying a participation fee volunteers also contribute to GoCamp).
Applicants from visa countries will not be accepted after 31 July.
As for non-visa volunteers the there is no fixed deadline. But it is recommend not to apply later than 1 week before the project starts.
The earlier volunteers submit the application the more chances GoCamp has to satisfy their preference of camp location.
Find more here.