15-23 March 2020 | Izmir, Foca, Turkey
This training course will bring together motivated youth workers, youth leaders and peer-to-peer educators from youth organizations from different European countries and Turkey in order to develop their intercultural learning and dialogue competences (knowledge, skills, attitudes) that would enable them to become effective multipliers of intercultural dialogue at their communities with young people. In this way they would be more equipped to deal with growing tensions in the society by making young people more respectful and empathetic towards people from different cultures.
Erasmus+ non-formal learning training course for youth workers and educators on promoting
• Sharing realities in different European countries when it comes to challenges related to dealing with cultural diversity (especially in the context of growing migration)– the focus on how it affects young people
• Exploring main theories and concepts related to D&I –culture, identity, dialogue, diversity dimensions, active tolerance, inclusion-exclusion, mechanisms of stereotyping, prejudices and discrimination, etc.
• Becoming more aware about own identity, culture, stereotypes and prejudiced behaviour patterns and realizing how it affects our youth work
• Realizing the role and potential of us as youth workers to make positive changes in regards to greater understanding, more respect, solidarity and active tolerance at our communities by using NFL approach
• Developing skills of youth workers to design and facilitate concrete NFL tools for young people that develop their intercultural learning competences, appreciation of diversity and promote solidarity and inclusion
• Planning and implementing concrete follow-up activities/actions that promote D&I in local community with young people (also excluded young people)
By involving in this project, it is crucial that participants realize that we expect their active involvement not only during the training, but also in preparation activities and also follow-up activities.
Profile of participants
To achieve the objectives of the training, we will pay special attention to make sure that suitable participants are selected. First of all, we will review the participants delegated by the partner organizations. Nevertheless, if the profile will not fit the criteria (which sometimes happen…), we will select participants that will apply through call for participants published in SALTO website.
Participants applying for this project should:
Be involved in youth work (as professionals or volunteers) for more than half a year and have regular contact with young people (13-30 years old). These could be youth workers, peer-to-peer educators, activists, social workers, NGO activists, etc. We are also open to TEACHERS, but apart from formal lessons, they should also be working with youngsters outside official curricula (for example, provide class lessons, after school activities, workshops, lead school council, organizers of cultural life, project weeks, etc.).
– Open to challenge themselves and learn a new approach of using games and participate in the intense programme of the training (sometimes even 12 h per day :))
– Committed to be promoters of social change in their community
– Ready to organize at least 2 follow-up activities using the experience from this training (individually or together with another person from the same country) within 3 months after the training
– Fluent in communication in English (to be able to work in mixed working groups without help of translation of other colleagues)
WORKING LANGUAGE: English
If candidates selected by partner organizations will not fit the criteria, we keep the rights to refuse such candidates.
Arrival in training location: 15th March 2020 Departure: 23rd March 2020
! Please note that although Turkey is very nice and tempting country for tourism, during our programme there will be no time for that…so, if you wish to visit some places (we can give you advices…), you are welcome to arrive earlier/leave later from Turkey (and pay for your extra stay yourself).
Application Deadline: 3 February 2020
This Training Course is
for 30 participants
from Germany, Italy, Latvia, Poland, Republic of North Macedonia, Turkey
and recommended for
Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth project managers, Youth policy makers, Volunteering mentors, Youth coaches, Youth researchers
This activity and venue place are accessible to people with disabilities.
Kultur und Art Initiative e.V. (Youth NGO)
Kultur & Art Initiative e.V. was established 15 years ago and it is an intercultural and intergenerational non-profit organisation composed of members from different nations, age groups with different professional backgrounds who have got professional experiences in youth, refugees, migration, non-formal education and media production for many years.
Kultur & Art Initiative e.V. develops and implements intercultural projects.
Our aim is to realize projects with people of different ethnic origins. Our concept is based on contents of social and intercultural integration. We want to work against passive cultural consumption by using active cultural work.
This is why we offer creative and project-orientated opportunities to our participants in addition to media educational workshops and international youth exchanges. In this context we organise “Erasmus+” projects and we work in the fields of youth policy and youth work development.
Since our establishment, Kultur und Art Initiative e.V. implemented many projects in the framework of the Youth in Action Programme, Erasmus+ and many different EU projects like Promotion of the Civil Society Dialogue Between EU and Turkey, Civil Society Facility EU- Turkey Intercultural Dialogue Culture and Arts (ICD-CA) or Youth Initiatives for Dialogue.
We have been organising International Short Film Festival Detmold since 2005.
Our association provides opportunities for extracurricular youth work, trainings, workshops, performances, support in execution of projects. The offers are free of charge and suitable for those who are interested in. Our office is in Detmold, by the culture factory Hangar 21 in Detmold.
Contact for questions:
Accommodation and food
Yes. All Accomodation and Food are included and provided by the organization.
The training course will be held in the Teacher’s Training Center (Yeni Foça Hizmetiçi Enstitüsü) in Yeni Foça, a coastal Ancient Ionian town in İzmir.
Map – https://goo.gl/maps/B5MYnGhhurgQFZQi9
The venue is an educational centre and it is located by the water. It is a very calm and well equipped setting, which is very good for different seminars and training courses. All participants will be expected to share the rooms with one or two other people in comfortable rooms with private bathroom.
The training course will be implemented in the framework of EU “ERASMUS+: Youth in Action” Program. The accommodation and food will be covered fully.
Every participant or partner organisation should buy tickets and according to real ticket price we will reimburse travel costs but not more than you can see in columns below. Travel expenses will be reimbursed at flat rates depending on travel distance. Visa cost will not be covered by the project.
5 participants from each country & Travel costs limits:
Italy 275,- Euro
Poland 275,- Euro
The Republic of North Macedonia 275,- Euro
Germany 360,- Euro
Latvia 360,- Euro
Turkey 180,- Euro