Number of volunteers: 4
Project location: Arenas de San Pedro, Spain
Duration of the project: 10 months (from 5/09/2021 to 5/07/2022) Application deadline: December 20th, 2020
Hosting organization: Asociación Jóvenes Solidarios
In this project you will work mostly with teenagers from Spanish rural areas.
Our association focuses on promoting youth initiative, raising awareness about social issues and making young voices matter, both on local and international level.
You can learn more about us and our work at: w ww.ajovenes.es.
- Weekly youth group meetings – on-line and face-to-face (13 – 19 years old)
- Weekly meetings with the youth leaders group (14 – 19 years old)
- Weekly junior group meetings (8 – 12 years old)
- Weekly creative team meetings (12 – 19 years old)
- English classes with kids (on-line and face-to-face)
- Solidarity Youth Festival (June 2020)
- Office work
- Realizing your own (volunteer) initiative
- Preparation of European projects
- Preparation of all youth initiatives that may arise during the time of the EVS (debates, camps, flashmob, workshops, )
- Helping AREDIS Association with their activities in the Occupational Centre for Mentally disabled people (optional)
- Management of the Educamp project and its marketing via social
Volunteers are going to live in 2 separate flats (2 persons per flat) on the same floor, right above the office. Each will have an individual bedroom, and the living room with a kitchen, and a bathroom will be shared.
Volunteers will receive pocket money and food money every month.
There is no local transportation in the town. It is small, so you can reach any place by foot (30 minutes from one end of the town to the other).
The project requires open-minded, sociable and easy-going people. We are looking for 2 male and 2 female participants who are cheerful and assertive. The volunteers need to know how to work in a team and to come up with creative ideas. Candidates should be independent and friendly.
The candidates also have to be prepared to live in a small town (around 6500 inhabitants) in a rural area, and should take this into consideration when applying for the project.
*Drivers licence is an advantage.
How to apply
Send us emails with your CV and motivation letter at email@example.com. In the subject line write: “Long term ESC in AJS”
Please make sure your motivational letters are directed specifically to our project.