29-30 June 2020 | Online, Belgium – FR
LYMEC (European Liberal Youth) is organising an online training on diversity and inclusion under the name “Hear me out, take me in!” with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe on Monday 29 June 2020 and Tuesday 30 June 2020 online webinar from 14 h till 18 h CEST (Brussels time) each day.
We are hereby opening the call for participants from our member organisations, as well as individual members of LYMEC to attend this training. We are looking for actors of change, multipliers that are leading change in their respective organisations. We are also targeting persons involved in communications and community leaders in their organisations.
The four elements of participation are:
- Getting to know the concepts: a 10-day-Moodle preparatory course, open on June 12 and to be completed by June 26;
- Diversity’s challenges: first webinar on June 29 focuses on challenges to political participation for all young people;
- Good practices to promote political youth participation: The second webinar on June 30 discusses good practices and concrete actions for promoting participation for all;
- Follow-up actions: The two webinars and the activity as a whole will end with a second course on Moodle for feedback and follow-up open from July 1 to July 12.
The key aims and objectives of the training are to:
- Explore inclusivity as youth organisations and to learn of ways to encourage and harness meaningful participation in political processes;
- Define diversity and inclusion, as to have a common meaning in order to implement it across the sector;
- Review cases of best practices and examples to reflect on ways to politically participate without facing risks;
- Thoroughly analyse power relations and its interplay within inclusion.
There are some envisioned outputs as part of the training which include:
- A toolkit with best practices;
- A survey to monitor and measure diversity in youth organisations, improve the situation and active support;
- Video content and a social media package compiled by LYMEC.
Please apply before the 10th of June 2020 at 16 h CEST (Brussels time) by completing the following form:
Accepted participants will be notified by 12th of June 2020 the latest.
This E-learning is
for 20 participants
from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries , Other countries in the world , Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU
and recommended for
Youth workers, Youth leaders, Youth project managers, Youth researchers, Youth organisations