The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) which administers the EEA Grants and Norway Grants on behalf of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, offers 12 months-traineeships, from 1st September 2020 – 31st August 2021, to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway). Exception is given to applicants for the Roma Trainee position: this position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and to nationals of the EU Member States.
The aim of the traineeships is to provide junior civil servants and other qualified applicants with opportunities for training and familiarisation with the work and functions of the Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) in Brussels, Belgium.
The trainees will be assigned to a specific division of the FMO according to academic field of specialisation, personal preferences and career objectives:
– Legal Affairs,
– Finance and Control,
– Administration and Human Resources,
– Grants Management Systems,
– Results and Evaluation,
– Priority Sectors,
– Funds and Horizontal Concerns: Civil Society Trainee,
– Funds and Horizontal Concerns: Roma Inclusion Trainee,
– Country and Bilateral Cooperation.
Candidates need to specify their field of work when applying.
Eligible applicants should:
• Have a master’s degree in law, economics, statistics, political science, international relations, business administration or other relevant and equivalent degree. Exception: for the Roma Inclusion Trainee, students with a Bachelor’s degree will be eligible to apply.
• Have knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office);
• Have an analytical mind with ability to draft good quality documents in English;
• Be flexible and motivated, capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks, both complex and more basic.;
• Have work experience of 1-2 years and knowledge of and keen interest in one or more of the priority sectors and/or Beneficiary States would be an advantage;
• Have fluency in both spoken and written English (knowledge of another EFTA/EU language is an asset).
Traineeships at the FMO are only open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway).
Exception is given to applicants for the Roma Trainee position: this position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and to nationals of the EU Member States.
The process will be based on the applications received via the EFTA e-recruitment tool.
Trainees will receive a flat monthly allowance of EUR 1 595. Accommodation in individual flats will be provided by EFTA.
Trainees will be assigned in the Financial Mechanism Office in Brussels.
Deadline: 1 March 2020.
Find out more here.
01/09/2020 – 31/08/2021
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom