Aspiring writers from 18 years old or over, from any nationality, are invited to submit applications for the travel writing scholarship organised by World Nomads.
Applicants from any nationality must
– be older than 18, or the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction, by the application deadline to enter;
– have a valid passport by the application deadline with at least 6 months’ validity;
– be available to travel from 13 September to 28 September 2020.
How to apply
Entrants will have to write 700 words or less travel story about a travel experience around one of the following themes:
– A leap into the unknown;
– Making a local connection;
– I didn’t expect to find.
Three writers will win a 10-day travel writing trip in the Caribbean.
The scholarships will cover:
– $500 worth of Toad&Co. sustainable travel apparel and gear;
– return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Panama;
– a 4-day all-expenses-paid workshop (from 14 to 17 September 2020) with professional travel writer and scholarship mentor Tim Neville in Panama;
– 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in a specific part of the Caribbean;
– portfolio review of content produced on the trip by National Geographic Editor-at-large Norie Quintos;
– the cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations and travel insurance for the duration of the trip provided by World Nomads.
Deadline to apply: 11 March 2020, 10 pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Find out more here.