30 June – 31 August 2020 | Online, Germany
IMPORTANT NOTE: even though there is a deadline due to the system behind these calls, the course is already open! Join it here: https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/ENGDWJ
You will be redirected to Canvas online platform to register for the course.
- To discover what a competence-based approach is and its applicability in the context of international youth work.
- To introduce the European Training Strategy competence model for youth workers working internationally and to link it to your personal youth work practice.
- To explore competence self-assessment tools.
- To discover ways and tools for professional development.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
The course is structured into 5 thematic modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to the course
- Module 2: A competence-based approach in international youth work
- Module 3: The ETS Competence Model for Youth Workers to Work Internationally
- Module 4: Tools for competence self-assessment.
- Module 5: Using the competence model for professional development.
Each module is structured into 5-6 sessions offering different interactive learning content online, which is uploaded to the Canvas MOOC hosting platform. Participants learn through animated videos, pre-recorded video interviews and some educational texts.
Each module will require 1-4 hours to complete the activities.
The first 2 modules will be open from the first week of the course and every week there will be a new module opened.
Laimonas Ragauskas – Laimonas lives in Vilnius, Lithuania and works as a facilitator in the field of non-formal learning and training for various youth work organisations as well as local and European institutions.
Nerijus Kriauciunas – Nerijus lives in Vilnius, Lithuania and works as a freelancer delivering international training activities in the youth work field at local and European levels.
Snežana Bačlija Knoch – Snežana is an educational consultant in non-formal education and youth work field at local and European levels, as well as certified youth worker.
Application deadline (24h UTC): 22 June 2020
Date of selection: 30 June 2020