Austria Vienna EIB Internship the European Union’s bank, is seeking for its Operations Directorate (OPS) – Equity, New Products and Special Transactions Department (ENPST) – Project Finance East Division (5-PF-EAST) at the EIB Group Office in Vienna: TRAINEE
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st September / October 2022)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Albania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Disclaimer: In the context of the Coronavirus outbreak, the Bank is monitoring the situation in all its locations carefully, duly taking into account national measures. These measures may imply restrictions regarding the performance of this traineeship, including that the traineeship may take place remotely. We will keep you informed of any changes or measures taken during recruitment process.
Objective of the traineeship
You will be familiar with credit operations, financial and legal due diligence, project financing in private and public sector projects across its countries of operations, contribution to the business plan objectives of the division.
Under the supervision of the Head of Division and senior colleagues, you will actively participate in the Division’s core activities.
Your main tasks will be:
- financial analysis of counterparts (in particular EPC, O&M contractors and financial sponsors);
- study of financial models (extraction of data, comparison of simple data between similar projects);
- compilation of documents for:
- presentation to management committee hierarchy (support in the preparation of internal briefing documents);
- marketing activities and new client acquisitions (support in the preparation of marketing presentations);
- support in identifying business prospects (market research tasks asks and specific analysis of potential new clients).
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in Finance, Business or Economics;
- A first experience in project finance would be considered as an advantage;
- Good to advanced knowledge of MS Office software, in particular Word and Excel;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Traineeship Recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org who will ensure that your request is handled.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 9th June 2022.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/categories/traineeship-and-graduate.htm