The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), the largest and most reputable UK-based broadcaster and publisher in London, is offering a 10-month journalism trainee scheme in any of the BBC’s national or regional news centres across the UK: London, Salford, Cardiff, Orkney and Shetland.
Eligible candidates should
– be fascinated by news and current affairs and have a hunger to understand the world and get to the facts;
– be involved in student media, writing articles for a local newspaper or website, working at a radio station, blogging or vlogging or creating great social media content;
– be creative storyteller;
– have an understanding of audiences and how to reach them, including people who might not normally consume news;
– be flexible and adaptable (typical hours of work are 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday). However, broadcasting and journalism is 24/7 and these hours may vary during work placements to meet the needs of the business.
– be a graduate or already have some solid skills and knowledge in journalism from previous experience;
– be 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in the autumn;
– be eligible to work in the UK.
The Journalism Trainee Scheme placements for this year are:
– Cardiff (English language); Cardiff (Welsh language);
– Orkney and Shetland.
Applicants can state your preference on the application form.
Selected applicants receive
– 10-month contract with a £21,216 salary per year. For those based in London, the salary is £25,776 per year;
– 25 days holiday a year with an option to buy or sell days to suit applicants;
– travel and some food and accommodation expenses are covered during training periods;
– training by specialists and senior BBC journalists and mentor to support and guide the candidate during the training;
– a mentor to support and guide applicants during their training.
How to apply
– complete the application form which consists of questions that will allow candidates to tell about their experience and ideas for a story, how they can help BBC to better reach their audiences.
– after the closing date, candidates’ application will be reviewed and will go through to the next stage. They will be invited to complete a follow up questionnaire.
– the successful candidates will be invited to an assessment centres in May 2020.
Deadline to apply: 1 March 2020.
Applications are available here.
Read more here.
Pls send information