European Central Bank Economist Graduate Programme 2022 General Information
Type of contract Two-year fixed-term contract starting on 1 September. It may be extended for one additional year upon successful completion of the programme.
Who can apply? EU nationals
Salary E/F (1) (minimum full time monthly net salary €4,167 and benefits, see further information section)
Role specialisation Graduate Programme
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 03.01.2022
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree or PhD in Economics or a related field completed between 1 February 2020 and 31 January 2022; alternatively you may be due to complete a PhD in 2022 (in this case the master’s degree can have been obtained before 1 February 2020) – candidates with a PhD, or who will obtain their PhD in 2022, will have a distinct advantage;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- a sound knowledge of macroeconomics, international economics, monetary economics and/or international finance, including banking, financial markets and financial intermediation;
- advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- advanced knowledge of time series or panel econometrics;
- strong programming skills, especially experience with MATLAB, STATA, Python and R.
Application and selection process