Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Essentials of Youth Work
1 September – 18 October 2020 | France
Welcome to the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Essentials of Youth Work!
Are you curious about youth work? What is youth work and who is it for? How does it relate to young people’s lives? How is it done and by whom? How is it supported on local, national or European levels?
Become more familiar with the “basics” of youth work (concepts and definitions, forms, practices, approaches, objectives, actors at European and national levels), learn how youth work is supported, get inspired by examples of youth practices across Europe and reflect on the future of youth work in Europe!
With this MOOC we aim to:
- Make youth work known to a wide audience and draw attention to its social value
- Provide an overview of youth work practices and policies across Europe
- Present current developments in this field, including at European level.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Become more familiar with the “basics” of youth work (concepts and definitions, forms, practices, approaches, objectives, actors at European and national levels)
- Gain an overview of how youth work is supported (through policies and strategies, youth work research, education of youth workers, funding, etc.)
- Get inspired by the diverse good practices existing in Europe on different aspects of youth work
- Reflect on the future of youth work in Europe and on how to engage in youth work developments
Who is this MOOC for:
- Students involved in youth work studies or learners involved in non-formal education processes related to youth work
- Volunteer or paid youth workers
- Youth work managers
- Responsible persons for planning youth work at municipal level
- Youth organisations and other youth platforms
- Those involved in youth work policy making or in funding youth work
- Youth workers’ education providers
- Other persons interested in exploring the subject.
The course is based on the know-how and accumulated experience in youth work of the partnership between the European Commission and the Council of Europe in the field of youth
Application Deadline: 1 August 2020