The European Defence Agency (EDA) is an intergovernmental agency of the Council of the European Union. Each year the Agency offers paid traineeships aimed at recent university graduates who want to transition to the world of work in an organisation at the heart of defence cooperation in Europe.
EDA traineeship will give trainees:
- a unique insight into the policies and processes for the development of European defence capabilities;
- an opportunity to apply the knowledge acquired during their studies;
- exposure to a multicultural and dynamic professional environment
- nationals of a Member States participating in the Agency;
- having completed at least the first (minimum three-year) cycle of a higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications;
- having a very good knowledge of at least two participating Member States languages of which one must be English (EDA’s main working language). The knowledge of additional participating Member States languages is an asset;
- educational background in a field relevant to the activities of the Directorate/Unit the trainee applies for and is allocated to.
Traineeships are open to applicants who have not previously undertaken a paid or unpaid traineeship or any kind of employment in another European institution or body lasting for more than six weeks.
Traineeships are available in the following areas:
- Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO);
- Coordinated Annual Review on Defence (CARD);
- EU SatCom Market;
- Strategic Analysis & Industry Engagement;
- EU-funded Defence Research Support;
- R&T Coordination Support;
- Digital Communication;
- Records Management;
- Media and Communication.
Candidates can apply for a maximum of 2 traineeships and are requested to indicate an order of preference in their motivation letter.
Trainees are awarded a monthly allowance that currently amounts to 1.229,32 EUR/month.
Disabled trainees may receive a supplement to their monthly allowance equal to a maximum of 50% of the amount of the allowance, to help cover extra expenses (e.g. transport, cost of special accommodation) related to their disability.
Health and accident insurance is mandatory.
Timing and duration
Traineeships start in September and begin either on the 1st or on the 16th of the month for a fixed period of twelve months.
Deadline: 12 April 2021.
Find out more here.