Generation Google Scholarship: for Women in computer science
Generation Google Scholarship: for Women in computer science was established to help students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive $1,000 USD for the 2022-2023 school year. Generation Google Scholarship: for Women in computer science will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation and academic performance. The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage women interested in computer science to apply.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s degree for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be in your 2nd year of study at an accredited university in Asia Pacific country when completing the scholarship program
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
For students who may not be eligible, we strongly encourage you to visit Google Careers for Students page to find out about alternative opportunities and programs that are available for your country/region based on your academic level.
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Resume/CV highlighting technical projects and participation in community engagement
- Academic transcripts from your current institutions (and prior, if applicable)
- Responses to two short answer essay questions (Refer below)
- 15 minute “meet and greet” per shortlist participant
- Google Online Challenge (Invitation to the challenge will be sent 5-7 working days post application deadline)
Note: Google Online Challenge solely serves as an additional data point when reviewing your application holistically.
The two short answer essay questions below are intended to assess your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and financial need. Each response to the two questions below should be written in English and be 400 words or less.
1) What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the tech industry face and how do you see yourself being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
2) What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
IMPORTANT: Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload:
- PDF copy of your resume
- PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- PDF copy of your two short answer responses
Deadline: Friday, December 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM IST