WWF Young Adult Volunteer and Internship Programme recruits young adults, aged 19 to 27, for volunteer and intern assignments located in Africa, Asia/Pacific & Latin America, as well as at WWF International offices around the Globe. Since 2005, the WWF Young Adult Volunteer & Internship Programme has hosted over 350 volunteers & interns, representing over 49 nationalities since the programme’s launch. Whether you want to get out into the field or engaged in one of WWF’s priority conservation programmes in such areas as policy & advocacy, communications, fundraising etc. WWF will invest its time, energy and resources to enable you to experience first hand what conservation work is all about.
If you want to join the WWF Young Adult Volunteer & Internship Programme, we request you adhere to our values and behavioural compentencies, which are: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, and Innovate Fearlessly.
All WWF volunteer and internship opportunities are posted on our current openings page, along with any ‘virtual’ volunteer opportunities. Openings are posted as soon as they become available.
- Fill in and submit your WWF Volunteer and Intern Programme application form
- If your application is accepted, an email will be sent asking you to submit supporting documents: CV, employer & personal references, writing samples. (WWF templates can be downloaded on this page)
- Following the review of supporting documents, the next stage is an interview on skype, zoom, or google hangouts. This is organized and carried out by the hosting office.
- If you are accepted into the WWF Volunteer programme, you’ll be sent all relevant information regarding your assignment, and what you’ll need to get done in the meantime.
- DON’T GIVE UP! If you don’t make it the first time round, don’t give up. If there is one quality that we admire, it will be the fact that you don’t give up. How will you know when new positions will be open so you can re-apply? The best way to stay informed is to check the openings page on a regular basis. Openings are also listed on WWF’s LinkedIn career page and job Tweets.
Apply to the WWF Volunteer and Intern Programme today by filling out the application form below.