The Poland My First Choice scholarship programme of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) aims to encourage young talented people from selected countries to pursue studies at the best Polish universities.
The Programme offers an opportunity to pursue full-time second-cycle studies at public and private HEIs on all fields of study offered by institutions offering education at highest level – i.e. those classified to the A and A+ category under the latest parametric evaluation.
Participants receive a monthly scholarship amounting to PLN 2,000 (ca. EUR 464) to cover the living allowance during the period of education in Poland.
In the case of public Higher Education Institutions, the Programme also offers an exemption from education fees.
Who can apply
- Citizens of one of the following countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Uruguay, USA, or a Chinese citizen residing in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan;
- Who have obtained a first-degree diploma in their country of origin or in Poland not earlier than in 2017 or who are in their last year of first-cycle studies at the time of submitting the application;
- Who have not previously obtained a diploma certifying graduation from master’s degree studies and are not students of second-degree studies at the time of applying for the Programme;
- Who are not Polish, don’t have a permanent residence permit on the territory of the Republic of Poland and have not applied for a permanent residence permit or for Polish citizenship;
- Who have at least B2-level linguistic competence in Polish or English.
How to apply
- Online via the NAWA website
Deadline to apply: 6 April 2020, 15:00 CET.
Announcement of ranking lists will be published by 15 August 2020.
Read more here.