The Research in Industrial Projects for Students (RIPS) USA Summer Internship program provides an opportunity for talented undergraduates studying math, computer science, and related disciplines to work in teams on real-world research projects proposed by sponsors from industry or the public sector. Each student team, with support from their academic mentor and industry mentor, will research the problem and present the results, both orally and in writing, at the end of the program.
The REU program is nine weeks. IPAM provides each undergraduate student with a wide range of support and incentives.
USA Summer Internship Benefits
• Stipend of $3,800
• Travel allowance
• Housing at UCLA campus
• Site-visit with sponsors
• Limited partial support for future travel to select conferences
• Visa sponsorship for selected international students
RIPS-LA students will live in residence halls on the UCLA campus and will work at IPAM. We expect to have nine projects. The project sponsors are announced in March. Projects vary, but all involve some math, statistics, data, and computing.
International students are eligible to apply for RIPS-LA, as are graduating seniors. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the program. Please see the FAQ page for more information.
The RIPS REU is available in Singapore as well. The application is the same for both programs.
RIPS Summer Internship 2022 Fields & Areas:
- Data & Computing
- Computer Science
- Data Analysis
- Numerical Computation
- Participants from any country can apply.
- Undergraduate and fresh graduates are eligible to apply for the RIPS Internship.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply for the internship.
- International students or studied outside the United States are eligible.
You can also check Traineeship in the Directorate General Monetary Policy