Are you a change-maker, rain-maker, ground-breaker? Do you see opportunity, where others see crisis? Do you want to change the world? Young Champions of the Earth celebrates and supports individuals aged between 18 and 30 who have outstanding potential to create a positive environmental impact.
Who can apply
- young people between the ages of 18 and 30 on 31 December 2020;
- applicants must have at least 6 months of prior experience working on their environmental project;
- individuals who submitted applications in the 2019 cycle of the Competition are entitled to do so again in 2020.
Seven Young Champions of the Earth will be selected from each global region: one from each of Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, West Asia, and two from Asia and the Pacific.
Each winner will receive the following:
- $15,000 in seed funding;
- $9,000 in funding to communicate and capture their idea and document and broadcast the stories of hope and change that they’re catalyzing on the ground.
- attendance at a high-level UN meeting;
- an introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony;
- publicity and recognition through interviews and online and global media;
- access to a community of experts offering insights and mentoring;
- participation in an entrepreneurial training programme.
The 2020 Young Champions will be expected to implement their big ideas and act as ambassadors of cause at speaking opportunities, while providing regular progress updates in the form of videos and blogs that will be shared on this website for a period of up to one year.
How to apply
- applicants need to apply online;
- only one entry is allowed per person per year;
- each applicant will be required to submit responses to a series of questions and upload a referee’s letter of endorsement;
- finalists will be short-listed by UN experts and requested to submit short videos pitching their big ideas.
Deadline: 10 April 2020.
Read more here.