Jugendwerk der AWO Württemberg (JW) is a nonprofit NGO with the focus on non-formal education, intercultural projects, youth camps and projects for children and young people. The main objective is to support young people in their process of personal development and education besides school and university to improve social, educational, (inter)cultural and other skills and competences. By this the aim of JW is to improve tolerance, solidarity, self-determination and democracy in our society.
The main activities of the JW are seminars in non-formal education, youth travel, international youth work (youth exchange, support measures and EVS), and then coordination of local projects and groups. The target groups are children and young people from 7 to 30 years with a focus on the age of 18 to 27 in which we train and educate a large number of volunteers and also motivate them to take over responsibility as multipliers in training others, organizing projects or taking over responsibility in the JW.
If you are interested in the projects we are working on it please visit our website: http://www.jugendwerk24.de
And our FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/jugendwerk24/?fref=ts
We are searching for a volunteer for 12 months, from 01.04.2021 until 31.03.2022.
Please apply only if you can come for the whole period of time.
The tasks of the volunteer in the Jugendwerk will be as followed:
– The volunteer will participate in the intercultural learning project “Active Culture” (please check out what Active Culture is:
– The volunteer will be responsible to work closely with refugees and with migrants in different kind of projects: theater, gardening, zero waste trainings etc.
– The volunteer will participate in different seminars in the weekends (!) (pedagogical and first aid course). After attending the seminars she/he will be prepared for leading the camps in the summer and winter holidays
– Taking part in organizing and supporting youth camps: At the end of her/his project the volunteer will take part in a youth camp. She/he should help in preparation, realization and evaluation of the youth camp and work together with other youngsters.
– Taking part in organizing and supporting seminars: The volunteer will help during the preparation and realization of our seminars, be responsible for the materials & stuff for the seminars. (we have two cellars full with material and stuff:D)
– The volunteer will take part in our project Spracheteria. An intercultural meeting with focus on language exchange. Spracheteria is a project that takes place twice a month, usually on Thursday afternoon, starting from 18 o’clock. The volunteer has the possibility to prepare games, choose movies and topics and to bring her own ideas for the success of the project. The volunteer is also responsible for the PR of the event/project (Facebook, Instagram, Social Marketing, creating photos etc.)
– The project CoheArt is a learning art project directly linked to the local community in Weilimdorf, Stuttgart. The aim is to promote inclusion and equality through providing opportunities for young people with fewer opportunities.
– Zero Waste: The aim of the project is to help several youth organizations and their projects in Stuttgart to become more sustainable. Jugendwerk der AWO Württemberg will organize several workshops on topics like: upcycling, zero waste, climate change, zero waste etc. The volunteer will have the possibility to join the workshops.
– Support the Jugendwerk Team in the office (almost every day you will help in the office: answering emails, driving somewhere, going shopping, being responsible for the stuff what we use for the camps, tidying up, cooking, organizing seminars and other events)
– Consultation and information for youngsters about Europe: In the frame of our international youth work, the volunteer will collect and create information/material about mobility in Europe for European youngsters. (The volunteer will also participate in our informal meetings about our international youth work)
– The volunteer has the possibility to create posters/flyers/banners, be responsible for updating our homepage, for Instagram account of the organization etc.
– Taking part in international and intercultural learning projects together with our international volunteer working group.
– Creation and realization of own projects: Depending on the interests and abilities of the volunteer she/he will have the opportunity to develop a project by herself/himself. New ideas are always welcome!
–The volunteer should have a driving license – driving on a regular basis is required!
We are open for every application. There are some things which in our opinion could make the daily life and work easier for the volunteer. To reach a fast integration of the volunteer in the Jugendwerk and the local community, basics in English and/or German would be very helpful.
The volunteer will support the Jugendwerk Team in the office, so applicants should like office work, like writing emails, creating flyers for events, helping with sending letters and like being responsible for materials and stuff for seminars and camps etc.
Basic computer knowledge could also be quite helpful.
Volunteers also need a DRIVING License for cars.
As the volunteer will work from time to time (NOT on a daily basis) together with children and youth she/he should be interested and maybe also have first experiences in working in this field. He/she should also be willing to work in a team.
Additionally, we think the volunteer should have interest in intercultural work and motivation for intercultural projects.
She/he should also be open-minded, showing her/his own initiative, hard-working and open for new experiences and show flexibility, since we will for sure have new projects during the 12 months.
Please read carefully the project description and make sure you visit our homepage, FB and Blog written by our current volunteers: https://jw24volunteers.wordpress.com/
You can also check our instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jw24_volunteers/
We are searching for somebody who can stay 12 months in our organization, so please apply only if you can stay for the whole duration of the project.
Please note: you can do an EVS if you are between 18 and 30 years old.
In the first week of SEPTEMBER 2020 we will make Skype interviews and after that we will get back to every applicant with the results.