EuropeStudy Abroad

UK Scale-up Worker Visa

UK Scale-up Worker Visa allows you to come to the UK to do an eligible job for a fast-growing UK business (sometimes called a ‘scale-up business’). Your UK employer must meet specific eligibility criteria to sponsor scale-up workers.

What is the UK Scale-up Worker Visa?

The UK Scale-up Worker Visa allows you to come to the UK to do a suitable job for a rapidly growing UK business (sometimes called a ‘scale up business’).

UK Scale-up Worker Visa Eligibility

To qualify for a Scale-up Worker visa, you must:

  • have a confirmed job offer to work for an approved scale-up business for at least 6 months
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
  • have a job offer to do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
  • be paid a minimum salary in your new job

Check if your job is eligible.

You can stay in the UK with a Scale-up Worker visa for 2 years. You’ll need to apply to extend your visa when it expires.

If you want to stay longer in the UK

You can extend your visa as many times as you like by 3 years, as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.

After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’). This gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you’re eligible.

Your employer must be a viable, fast growing business (sometimes called a ‘scale up business’).

  • Average 20% growth per year in both employment and total sales (turnover)
  • Having at least 10 employees at the beginning of the 3-year period

In summary, the Scale up visa will be a type of visa that will be open to applicants who meet the language proficiency requirement and receive a highly skilled job offer from an eligible business with a salary of at least £33,000. In addition, the company to which you will receive a job offer must have employed at least 10 workers in the last 3 years and have achieved a growth of 20%.

Studying In USA For UK Students

When you apply, you must provide:

your sponsorship certificate reference number – your employer will give you this
Your English proficiency certificate
a valid passport or other document showing your identity and nationality
your job title and annual salary
your job code
your employer’s name and sponsor license number – this will be on your sponsorship certificate
confirmation that you are expected to work for your sponsor for at least 6 months;

You can stay in the UK for 2 years with a scale up visa. Once it expires, you must apply to extend your visa.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Hey there! You are using adblock? Please disable adblock to use our site.