Role of local youth councils in EU countries: Exchange of good practice Erasmus+ Training Course
6-13 December 2021 | Ajdovščina, Slovenia
The Erasmus+ project “Role of local youth councils in EU countries: Exchange of good practice” will bring together 31 participants from Slovenia, Portugal, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Denmark, Bulgaria, Romania and Italy, on a 7-day training course on local youth policy development and empowerment of local youth councils from 6th to 13th of SDecember, 2021 in Slovenia.
The project will bring together participants from different fields of youth work: youth workers, municipal youth professionals, municipal youth coordinators aiming to ensure better cross-sectorial cooperation and create peer support groups at the local level to gain greater impact on local youth policies and programs.
With this project we aim to:
- Share good practices for implementing youth policies at municipal level in countries that are partners in the project.
- Preview in upgrade the role of local youth councils – make them more open and visible, clear the mandate in conjunction with other youth institutions in the decision-making structure at the local level.
- To train municipal specialists and youth workers to research youth issues, to analyze the situation of young people, to develop a proposal for the development of youth policies at the local level, to maintain tools for involvement in the development of innovative youth policies.
- Develop clear implementation schemes in support of youth policies based on the situation of young people in specific municipalities, from which participants are coming from.
- Discussion on trends, strategies, necessary policy-making, youth participation and youth work in EU.
- Learn how to make youth policy and youth services that attract young people with fewer opportunities.
Boarding, lodging, transportation are covered by EU program ERASMUS+ following its regulations (and limits). Training course will take place at The Hostel Ajdovščina, Slovenia (https://www.hostel-ajdovscina.si/).
Profile of participants:
Members of local youth councils, Youth leaders, Youth workers, municipal youth professionals, municipal youth coordinators
Results and effect:
During the training, participants will develop a quality standard for local / municipal youth policy implementation, which will be promoted throughout Europe. After the training course, cross-sectoral cooperation at municipal and national levels will increase as participants will learn how to analyze the situation of young people, provide well-founded and proven data for youth policy development, be able to work with other youth workers and seek the best proposals for youth policy and implementation tools that meet the needs of local realities.
The training methodology will be based on the principles of experiential learning, developing participants’ skills and attitudes, taking into account their previous experiences, as well as providing new experiences and inputs from existing international practice in the field of youth policy implementation. Each activity will be based on non-formal education methods. Participants will learn in group discussions, during practical tasks, simulations, etc. The work will take place in national and mixed groups.
No, we do not expect any fee from participants.
Accommodation and food
Materials, activities, accommodation and food are 100% covered by the Erasmus+ grant.
All participants are required to have proof of negative corona test prior to departure and do test at the venue upon arrival(at the venue). The costs for the tests will be covered from the organizers.
The Covid-19 regulations will be updated regularly until the time of the training taking place.
The travel costs will be reimbursed after each of the activities, according to the distance band rules of the Erasmus+ program and not more than:
Slovenia: 20 € / participant
Lithuania: 275 € / participant
Latvia: 275 € / participant
Romunia: 275 € / participant
Denmark: 275 € / participant
Portugal: 275 € / participant
Poland: 275 € / participant
Italy: 180 € / participant
Bulgaria: 275 € / participant