Every year, thousands of students from around the world choose Europe for higher education. Among the main reasons of this qualified education systems, affordable universities, relatively cheaper living costs compared to countries such as America, Australia or Hong Kong, and the job opportunities they provide after graduation has a big part. In our guide, you can apply to study in European countries where you will have strong international business contacts, creative and innovative research centers, and the opportunity to learn one of 24 official languages, including English, German, Italian, Spanish and French.
1 – Government Scholarships in European Countries
For students from non-EU countries who want to study in Europe, there are many scholarships provided by governments. Although countries such as France, Germany, Italy, Norway have low-fee or free education, today living costs are quite high in cities such as Paris, Milan, Oslo, London, Amsterdam. From this point of view, it is every student’s dream to study abroad with a scholarship and find financial support to cover their expenses. Popular government scholarships according to countries that you can apply in Europe are as follows;
- Holland Scholarships for Non-EU/EEA Students: If you want to use your study abroad preference in favor of the Netherlands, you can apply for the scholarships offered by the Netherlands Ministry of Education for undergraduate and graduate degrees. February or March: scholarships awarded only once for a year are worth € 5,000 and you can apply twice a year.
- British Chevening Scholarships: Chevening, which the UK government offers to scientists, politicians and artists who want to study for a master’s degree, is the world’s most distinguished and prestigious scholarship program. The scholarship covers students ‘ school fees, accommodation and living expenses, visa and travel fees.
- Italian government Bursaries for Foreign Students: for students who want to study in Italy, the government provides scholarship opportunities under the Invest your Talent in Italy program. Scholarships provided to students from many countries, including Turkey, cover a 9 month learning process.
- Danish government Scholarships for Non-EU/EEA Students: The Danish government offers graduate scholarships for students from non-EU countries. To be eligible for the scholarships, you must enroll in a full-time master’s program in the country and don’t miss the September and February application deadline. In addition, benefits are provided in two ways; scholarships that cover living expenses or tuition fees.
2 – European University Scholarships
For students who want to study in European countries that are home to the best educational institutions in the world, universities offer a wide range of scholarships. Financial supports may cover all or half of your tuition fee, depending on the university, program and degrees you will study. The best university scholarships for students who will apply for scholarships in Europe are as follows;
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships: every year, Leiden University offers scholarships to students from non-European Union countries who want to study law, science, medicine and archeology in the Netherlands every year. Scholarships range from € 10,000 to € 15,000 and you must complete your applications by February.
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships for Non-EU Students at Sciences Po: Sciences Po educational institution offers scholarship opportunities to international students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate degree programs each year who want to study in France. Applicants for undergraduate scholarships can apply for scholarships worth between € 3,000 and € 12,300 by April, and for postgraduate scholarships ranging from € 5,000 to € 10,000 by January.
- Bologna University study Grants for International Students: the University of Bologna offers scholarships to international students who want to study in Bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships: each year, ETH Zurich provides scholarships worth € 9,600 per semester for educational and living expenses to students considering studying for a master’s degree at the university. The application deadline is 15th
- Radboud University Scholarship Program: The Radboud University scholarship program is open to talented students from non-European Union countries. Students applying for the University’s master of English programs can apply for scholarships that cover the educational and living costs allocated to 30 candidates each year.
- Cambridge International Scholarships: the deadline for scholarships provided to international students who want to study for a PhD at Cambridge University is December.
- Politecnico di Milano Merit-Based Scholarships: Politecnico di Milano, one of the best technical schools in the country, provides merit-based scholarships for students who want to study in Italy. Scholarships cover tuition fees between € 5,000 and € 10,000, depending on the department students apply for.
- Uppsala IPK Scholarships: Uppsala University IPK scholarship program is a financial aid covering tuition fees for students from non-EU countries applying for a master’s degree. The deadline for applications is 1st February and academic achievement is important for the acceptance of applications.
- Dublin Institute of Technology College of Business Scholarship: Dublin Institute of Technology offers financial support for students from outside the European Union who enroll in business degree programs. First year Entrance Scholarships are worth € 1,000.
3-Scholarships Provided by Institutions
For international students applying for Study Abroad Scholarships, numerous institutions in Europe offer non-government sponsored scholarships. Financial assistance, based on students ‘ academic skills and GPA, is usually provided to highly successful students.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships: Erasmus Mundus scholarships, which are provided at the master’s and doctoral levels with the support of the European Union, are aimed at both EU and non-EU students. Scholarships are available in more than 100 master’s and doctoral programs such as business and law, science, engineering, mathematics and informatics.
- Henrich Böll Scholarship: For those who want to study in Germany with a scholarship, the Henrich Böll Stiftung Association offers financial support in different programs to international students who want to study at master’s and doctoral degrees. The first condition is to prove your knowledge of the German language for some of the scholarships whose deadline is 1st
- Luigi Einaudi Foundation Scholarships: The Einaudi Foundation offers more than a thousand scholarships and research grants to international students who will receive postgraduate education in the field of social sciences every year.
Böyle güzel bir makaleyi paylaştığın için teşekkürler.