Europass CV The most common curriculum vitae format all around the world . Europass CV provides better explanation, well designed format and approved by the world’s leading companies. It is easy-to-use and familiar to employers and education institutions.
How to create a Successful Europass CV
- Remember that your CV is your first opportunity to communicate your skills and experiences to a future employer. It is a snapshot of who you are, your skills, your educational background, work experiences and other achievements. Make sure your CV is easy to read. Use clear and simple language. Use strong verbs (e.g. ‘managed’, ‘developed’, ‘increased’)
- Highlight examples of your skills and experiences matching the job you are applying for. Pay close attention to the details published in the vacancy notice.
- Make sure you update the ‘About Me’ section to highlight why you are the best person for the job. Do not include a full detailed history. Focus on facts and main points that match the job you have in mind.
- Check for spelling and grammar mistakes, provide a professional e-mail address, and add a professional photograph of yourself.
- Always list the most recent experience on the top followed by previous ones. In case of long gaps in working or learning, include an explanation.
Europass is your resource for a range of online tools and information available free of charge from the European Commission.
Reminders: All these parts of the Europass CV (excluding the Cover Letter = Motivation Letter) are usually 2 pages. Applications with 1 page are generally insufficient, and those who find 4 pages seem unnecessary.
First, you need to create your Europass profile, which includes information about your education, internship, work experience and skills. After completing your Europass profile, you can create any number of resumes with just a few clicks. Choose the information you want to add and the design you like, leave the rest to Europass.
You can create, store and share resumes in 29 languages. You can download your Europass CV, store it in your Europass Library and share it with employers, EURES and other employment platforms.