Our international training course for climate activists. Date: 4-12 September 2021.
What is IBC?
Impulse Boost Camp is an international training course for young people who are voluntarily active in civil society. During the 9-day long program, you will participate in a variety of workshops that will introduce you to useful tools for your activism. This year, we will focus on climate activism.
Topics of these workshops cover team communication, storytelling, design thinking, but also contain methods for personal development and stress prevention. Therefore, non-formal methods such as from the Art of Hosting framework with an innovative and interdisciplinary character will be selected. The seminar will be shaped by the active participation of activists, so we can share our stories and learn from each other. Due to the pandemic, we are only accepting applications from people that are based in Germany prior to September 2021, or are vaccinated.
After the seminar, you have the chance to pass on your freshly gained knowledge to your peers at home. IBC will provide tools and methods for this purpose.
Impulse Boost Camp will take place from 4 to 12 September 2021 in the beautiful countryside of Saxony (Schneeberg, Erzgebirge). We are going to live in a seminar house surrounded by green fields, forests, and the ore mountains.
Impulse Boost Camp 2021 is currently in planning. This is how we envision our Seminar Schedule to look like:
What will you get out of the Seminar?
- Learn new effective methods for your activism
- Discover and pass on insights, networks, and projects with a peer-to-peer approach
- Boost your soft skills for idea development, storytelling, and team communication
- Personal reflection on both your personal and professional life
- Learn how to avoid or solve communication problems
- Connect with other activists
- Time in nature with healthy food and good people around you
Requirements for Participants
- Good English level (minimum B2)
- Experiences in voluntary work in the field of climate action (please do not apply if this requirement does not match your profile)
- Age above 18 years
- Sensitivity for global and interpersonal power structures, own privileges, and different forms of discrimination
- Motivation to learn and to share your own experiences and knowledge
- Motivation to actively contribute to the seminar
- Commitment to filling out the evaluation forms after the seminar
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, regardless of nationality, we only accept applications from people who will be based in Germany prior to September 2021. If you are not based in Germany, please only apply if you are certain that you will be fully vaccinated by the beginning of August.
- 40 € for participants living in a country with average annual wages in 2017 below 30 000 USD (e.g. Tunisia, please use the OECD database to check on the numbers of your country of residence)
- 80 € for participants living in a country with average annual wages in 2017 above 30 000 USD (e.g. Germany, please use the OECD database to check on the numbers of your country of residence)
- Fresh healthy food, accommodation in a 4-6 bedroom, and learning material included (bed sheets will not be covered from our side). You can also bring your tent and camp outside
- Included in the costs are also daily COVID-19 rapid tests for non-vaccinated participants, and one for vaccinated people
- After the camp, we will reimburse 70 % of your travel costs, but not more than a certain amount based on the distance of your departing city and Schneeberg, the venue of IBC. This calculation is based on the EU Erasmus + standards.
10 – 99 km: max 20 Euros
100 – 499 km: max 180 Euros
500 – 1999 km: max 275 Euros
We will not refund more than 275 Euro.
The application process for IBC 2021 is now open. The process consists of first, filling out a form. If your application matches the programme, we will be in touch and schedule a 30-minute long video call with you in June.
We accept applications until Sunday, 30 May 2021.