CEDEFOP, the European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training, offers one twelve-month period of in-service training (stage) for young university graduates but also to PhD students, without excluding those who, in the framework of lifelong learning, have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
Timing and duration of traineeships
There is one trainee intake per year that lasts 12 months, starting on 1 February to end of 31 January of the following year.
The aims of in-service training at Cedefop are to:
- provide university graduates and PhD students with a unique and first-hand experience of the workings of Cedefop, in particular, and of the EU institutions in general. In addition, it aims to provide an understanding of the objectives and goals of the EU integration processes and policies;
- enable such trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of Cedefop’s departments and services. To provide the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic and multi-ethnic environment contributing to the development of mutual understanding, trust and tolerance. To promote European integration within the spirit of new governance and through active participation to create awareness of true European citizenship;
- provide the opportunity to young university graduates to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies and in particular in their specific areas of competence. To introduce these graduates to the professional world and the constraints, duties and opportunities therein.
- Applicants should be nationals from EU Member States and of candidate countries benefiting from a pre-accession strategy.
- Trainees should not have already benefited from in-service training in another European institution or body.
- Trainees must have completed the first cycle of a higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications.
- Candidates from Member States must have very good knowledge of at least two EU languages, of which one should be English. Candidates from candidate countries must have a very good knowledge of at least English.
- Applications for in-service training must be submitted via the on-line application form.
- EUR 1,000.67 per month for trainees from abroad (member states of the EU or candidate countries), as well as trainees residing in Greece who need to move to Thessaloniki for the duration of the traineeship;
- EUR 750.50 per month for trainees residing in Thessaloniki prior to the start of their in-service training.