Hurford Youth Leadership Do you have great ideas about how to promote democracy in your community? Are you ready to build your leadership skills? Would you like to meet other youth leaders from around the world? Now’s your chance! We will start accepting applications for the Hurford Youth Fellowship beginning June 1! The last day to submit applications is July 31, 2022. For more information click below.
The Hurford Youth Fellowship Program seeks to build the leadership skills and harness the potential of young democracy activists from around the world. Through the Program, young activists spend three months at the World Movement’s Secretariat, during which they expand their global connections, share experiences with other activists from democracy movements around the world, and contribute to the development of the World Movement for Democracy. Hurford Youth Fellows engage in strategic meetings; conduct research; and organize and lead presentations, online discussions, and information-sharing sessions on key democracy issues.
Upon the successful completion of each fellowship, the fellows serve as a regional/country focal point, working with the Hurford Youth Fellowship Alumni Network to remain involved and take the lead in youth-related activities.
The following are the requirements for applying to the Hurford young leadership program:
- Applicants must be under 30 years of age.
- They must be a proponent of social or democratic causes.
- They must also be able to communicate in English.
- Any national of any country are eligible to apply.
Theme of the Youth Fellowship Program
- Defending democratic space
- Promoting Inclusive Governance
- Strengthening Democratic Leadership
- Online application form,
- Two Recommendation letters.
The following are some of the advantages of the Hurford Youth Fellowship in the United States:
- Round trip ticket.
- Monthly stipend.
- Health insurance.
- In addition, applicants will benefit from online sessions.
- Research opportunity on a specific topic related to democracy.
- Become a member of the Young World Movement as well.